top of page
Are you unsure whether or not you need to buy a ticket for your dog? We have put together all the important information about tickets and fare conditions for you.
Travellers with disabilities
- Travellers with disabilities resident in Switzerland with the relevant identification document (which can be obtained from the Zurich District Office) may take an accompanying person and/or a guide dog with them free of charge. Either the passenger or the accompanying person must possess a valid ticket.
ProMobil offers independence and improved quality of life
- For leisure travel, people with impaired mobility resident in Zurich Canton who cannot reach public transport stops or board public transport, or who can only do so with great difficulty, may benefit from the services of the Zürcher Stiftung für Behindertentransporte (Zurich Foundation for Transport for the Disabled) provided they possess an appropriate identity document. Within a radius of about fifteen kilometres from their starting point, they can travel by taxi at a greatly reduced fare. The ZVV contributes CHF 6 million per year to support ProMobil.
- For persons who have reached the qualifying age for disability pension (IV), entitlement to claim is clarified by Pro Infirmis, and for persons who have reached the qualifying age for retirement pension (AHV), entitlement is clarified by Pro Senectute:
- Pro Infirmis, Hohlstrasse 52, 8004 Zurich, telephone 044 299 44 11
- Pro Senectute, Seefeldstrasse 94a, 8032 Zurich, telephone 058 451 50 00
For more information: ProMobil, Postfach, 8031 Zurich, customer service telephone: 044 278 90 00 or www.promobil.ch (German).
- Small dogs, cats and similar small tame animals may travel free of charge in bags, baskets or other suitable containers.
- In all other cases, the reduced 2nd class fare must be paid, or a NetworkPass for dogs (Junior) must be purchased.
Hand baggage, pushchairs, wheelchairs
- Hand baggage and accompanied pushchairs are carried free of charge. Wheelchairs for disabled persons are carried free of charge if the user travels with them.
Load your bicycle yourself
A standard 2nd class ticket is required for your bicycle – available at a reduced price if you have a Half-Fare or a GA travelcard. More information
- The family discounts for transport companies in Switzerland, the Junior travelcard and the Grandchild travelcard are valid for all ZVV tickets.
- The Junior travelcard allows children aged 6 to 16 to travel free of charge when accompanied by their father and/or mother. The parents must be in possession of a valid ticket. The Junior travelcard costs CHF 20 per child and per year, and is free of charge for the third child and further children.
- The Grandchild travelcard allows children aged 6 to 16 to travel free of charge when accompanied by their grandfather and/or grandmother. The grandparents must be in possession of a valid ticket. The Grandchild travelcard costs CHF 60 per child and per year.
Children and young people
- Children up to the age of 6 travel free when accompanied by adults. A maximum of
4 children can travel free of charge with one accompanying person.
- Children aged between 6 and 16 pay the reduced fare until the day before their
- Young people up to the age of 25 pay the reduced price for multiple day passes, multiple-journey tickets and group tickets, and they are entitled to the “Junior” NetworkPass. Multiple day passes, multiple-journey tickets and group tickets can be used until the day prior to the passenger’s 25th birthday. “Junior” monthly or annual travelcards may be purchased until the day before the user’s 25th birthday and used until their expiry date.
- We advise children and young people to carry an identity document showing their age in case of inspections.
General Abonnements and Half-Fare travelcards
- General Abonnements, day passes in connection with Half-Fare travelcards and day passes for children are recognised on all routes within the ZVV network.
- Holders of Half-Fare travelcards are entitled to reduced prices throughout the whole ZVV territory, except for monthly and annual travelcards.