Global Navigation

Moving within Zurich

If you have moved within Zurich, please report your change of residence to the district office of your new residential district within 14 days in person or via the internet.  It is not necessary to deregister at the district office of your previous residential district.

For Swiss nationals we require:

  • Passport or identity card
  • Confirmation of registration or second residency permit
  • Military or civil service records (if liable for service)
  • «Wohnungsausweis» (apartment registration) or tenancy agreement

For foreign nationals we require:

  • Residence permit
  • Passport (for EU/EFTA nationals, identity card is sufficient)
  • Confirmation of registration
  • «Wohnungsausweis» (apartment registration) or tenancy agreement
  • Change of residence fees (depending on the type of residence permit they may vary)

On this website, you can inform the electric power company EWZ about your change of residence.

more information