Global Navigation

Moving to Zurich

Are you moving to Zurich?

Foreign residents moving to Zurich must register their change of residence in person in the district office of their district within 14 days after relocating.

Foreign nationals must bring the following documents with them: 

  • Passport (in the case of EU/ EFTA citizens, an ID card is sufficient)
  • Foreign citizens’ identity card (if available)
  • Confirmation of the residence permit (if available)
  • Registration fees (vary depending on the type of permit)

For more information about the services of the Residents' Registration Office please contact your local district office.

more information