The Triemli municipal hospital
Triemli Hospital is a public hospital offering its services to all insurance classes for both general and highly specialised medicine.
With six departments, 34 clinics and 12 interdisciplinary centres we are small enough to be efficient and manageable, yet large enough to provide demanding high-level medical treatment in an interdisciplinary medical setting.
Triemli Hospital is a part of the Department of Environment and Health of the City of Zurich. Being a central hospital, we have contracts with neighbouring hospitals in the cantons of Glarus, Grisons, Schwyz, Uri, Zug, Schaffhausen and Zurich. These hospitals forward patients to us.
We have an enviable reputation for both stationary and outpatient medicine that extends far beyond the city limits. More than 34'000 emergency patients, 23'553 stationary and 137'525 outpatients treated in 2016 bear impressive testimony to this.
Pioneer in technology and sustainability
As the first hospital in Switzerland with Mingerie-P certification, Triemli fulfils all aspects of health and well-being structures as well – for instance through the choice of long-lasting, natural materials and clay ceilings in the wards. The latter regulate the humidity naturally and absorb noise and odours. The odour of disinfectants has been banished as well. Cooling and heating are 95 per cent CO2-neutral, an important contribution to achieving the goals of a 2'000-watt society.
Read the article "Tomorrow's hospital" (PDF) about the Triemli in the SWISS Magazine.
- Semi-private rooms for patients with statutory health insurance
- New private ward "Top of Triemli" on the top two floors
- Panoramic view of the city including the lake of Zurich or the Uetliberg
- Long lasting, natural materials
- Sustainable and energy-saving construction with Minergie-P certification
- Various innovations such as the Multimediacentre PUT or the unique Multitower-Elevator for clean and used bed